View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 08:49 PM   #35
TropicFury
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Icon programming/speed limit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stano7 View Post
ATrain, I have parts on the way to create programming cable and have downloaded the software. My question is, once you edit the xml file do you have to upload the edits? Or is simply editing it enough? Also, can the edits be made in Notepad or similar or do you use a specific program?
I basically edited the XML file to increase the FWD MAX Drive value per ATrain's picture he posted and then I saved the file.

From my memory - Turn the Icon "on", plug into the controller port, open the NEOS program, click "tuning". It will then read and pull in all of your settings. Find the setting you want to change, enter in the new value in the "new" field, then click "write device" at the very top. It's pretty intuitive on that. Now what all the settings actually do - that's what we're all trying to find out.

For example, I set my rpm to 6000 and I get a speed increase from 25mph to 30mph. If I increase rpm's any higher, even to 7000rpm, I see no added speed increase. It's like my motor has a hard set limit at 6000rpm or perhaps there is another setting somewhere I need to change. And my speedometer 30mph is actually 28mph according to the Waze app on my phone.
TropicFury is offline   Reply With Quote