View Single Post
Old 03-17-2021, 09:14 PM   #46
UroGator
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Icon programming/speed limit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Only mods to the default settings were RPM of 7000 (6000 from factory) and FWD Drive Power of 18 (15 from factory). Lithium pack, 4 passengers. Temp was 75 or so.

Took a 3 mile drive at about 85% of the trip at full throttle to destination. Failure occurred during return trip after 30 minute stop at destination. Failure was while climbing a grade at full throttle. Cart suddenly stopped without warning with complete power failure. Took about 20 minutes before I could turn the battery back on and then everything functioned fine.

It may have been the battery given the complete power loss. I wasn't running the monitors but nothing felt particularly outside of normal temps when I was initially diagnosing it FWIW. When the cart booted back up, the controller was about 35C and motor was at 70C.

As a bonus, I now know to keep a T25 key with me to disengage the automatic parking brake these carts have in a complete power-out scenario.
What lithium pack are you running? Most likely what happened with a sudden cutoff of power was that you tripped the BMS on your lithium pack due to the excessive current (amp) draw while running full speed uphill. What is the max discharge amps for your lithium pack? If you exceeded this during the uphill run, this would have tripped the lithium BMS and shut it down to protect your expensive lithium pack. Some BMS will automatically turn back on after a period of rest. Some have to be manually turned back on.
UroGator is offline   Reply With Quote