View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 10:59 AM   #29
XCOP1152
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO works one day, and doesn't the next

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
That suggests the solenoid contacts may be welded together and you may not hear a click. Welded contacts may not keep this cart from working. Before you start the trouble shooting chart diagnosis routine suggest you make this measurement. While the cart is in working mode measure the voltage between pins 1 and 2 (black and white wires) on the six pin connector on top of the controller as you press the pedal. This is the signal coming from the Inductive throttle sensor (ITS) through the Molex connector and wiring that was originally suspect. You should measure around 2.5 volts no pedal and increase as pedal is pressed. When the cart is not working repeat this measurement. It is hard to troubleshoot for this intermittent problem when the cart is working.
My first cart was very similar to yours. I had the same symptoms as you are having. This is why I came for help here on BGY forums 8 years ago. My problem proved to be the Molex connector was corroded and the ITS proved intermitter. That old cart was a real work horse when it was working.
Thank you for your response. The cart IS currently working. I do have 2.5 volts between pin one and two with the key on when NOT pressing the pedal. When I do press the pedal the voltage jumps immediately to 13 Volts, and appears to continue upward as I continue pressing the pedal.

I will test again when cart is not working.

Edit- corrected wording
XCOP1152 is offline   Reply With Quote