Thread: Clutch lube?
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 08:57 PM   #3
aggiefan
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Clutch lube?

Thanks for reply lockman. Here's the long version of what's going on. Last year I sent both clutches to CCP to have the drive clutch rebuilt, torque spring installed in the driven and order the heavy duty drive belt. After receiving and installing them the cart began squeeling at various speeds. Sounded like a car with a loose fan belt. It also at times felt like the clutch was binding. Called CCP and he said he had never heard of the condition and didn't really offer any suggestions.

After running it and putting up the condition for several months it seemed to get better only squeeling ever now and then. Recently the squeeling and binding returned with a vengence. Finally cut the heavy duty belt off and replaced with a stock belt and squeeling is gone. New problem is now the clutch not shifting.

I understand the torque spring is supposed to require higher RPM's before moving but what I have going on is crazy. In maintenance mode the drive clutch is completely maxed and the motor is red lined before the driven clutch begins to open. Sorry so long. Any ideas?
aggiefan is offline   Reply With Quote