View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 07:27 AM   #9
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

Default Re: Throttle ON or Throttle OFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelessjoe View Post
Yup, it's a "common" problem and comes up on here alot.

As a matter of fact, the reason I came on here today is that I too am now missing the butterfly off of my carb as well!! I noticed the jumpy throttle at the end of our up north weekend and after a quick ride last night I pretty much knew what I was going to find when I peeked into the carb.....

I am doing a quick search today to see if anyone sells just the butterfly. Anyone ever seen just the butterfly available or will I end up buying a new carb instead?
Well, pulled the carb off yesterday and..........the butterfly was on and fine. Guess I couldn't see it in there trying to crain my neck with it still on the cart. So my first thought was "well that's good" which was then followed closely by "so if the butterfly is fine than what the heck is the issue....".

After getting the carb back on I hooked the throttle cable back up to the carb and noticed that the shaft there seemed to be moving about pretty free and easy..................Ahh HA!!!!! Somewhere along the way my throttle return spring went on a hiatus and has yet to return. With no throttle return spring my throttle is just chilling wide open all the time. Not sure how it came off, I assume it broke somehow.

Have a new one on the way and should be back up and running soon.
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote