View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 09:52 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 1982 Yamaha G1 Gas has no spark

It's good that a new guy (on this forum) gets it, and shows "another way to get it done" is awesome, especially for the guys who arent going to have access to the "proper solenoids". I appreciate your work here, because even explaining just how it works is hard sometimes. You totally did a good service to old G1 owners here.

Now I just hope that people dont get that confused with the original setup, because trying to explain the difference between 2 OEM solenoids, and your 4 solenoids might be tricky if they dont understand what's happening.

Not to be mean to anyone else, but "I wanna fix it, and i cant deal with a wiring diagram" is real hard to fix. (I want to help, but I have a terrible time helping them). Thank you again for that awesome G1 fix option. Lord knows those parts are expensive & hard to find for OEM style.

I would have to suggest against this approach on the 36v "electric G1", because those solenoids arent a robust solenoid in the applications requiring several hundred amps every time the pedal is pressed to the floor. (Works perfectly on a gas cart that only requires higher amp loads for a few seconds at a time)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote