View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 08:28 AM   #1
GodDogGod
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default My Dog is Very Sad - Please comment on this post!!!

Hey y'all looking for a little advice regarding motor mounts.

As you can see my dog is very sad, because he's tired of me swearing at inanimate objects.
IMG-0662.jpg

I have the engine in, height and width mocked up and inline with the driver/driven clutch. Any suggestions on motor mounts?
The space is very tight (oil pan is actually touching the frame), and I still have to squeeze the radiator in there somewhere.
IMG-0752.jpg

How to mount to the frame? Any dos/don'ts? Any wisdom you can impart?

I'm using some scrap steel right now as you can see in the picture circled in red. I would prefer to have something a little more classy looking, stock looking. I am not a fabricator, please all remember this.
IMG-0754.jpg

Remember this engine came out of a lawn tractor, so it's mounts are a little wonky. The rear mounts on the engine, I can remove if need be and fab new ones. Picture below is the motor mounts on the engine (circled in red).
IMG-0650.jpg

The picture below is the original mounts from the lawn tractor frame (circled in red) and radiator mounts (circled in green).
IMG-0648.jpg

Please don't tell me to search the other threads, I don't need that drama in my life. If you have done a diesel swap and have some pictures of the motor mounts you fab'd up, please share. I'm about to lose my s##t on this thing and I've barely started.

Thank you!!!
GodDogGod is offline   Reply With Quote