View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 09:40 AM   #16
Jackman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart Project Complete Custom Rebuild from Frame Up

We are sizing the clutch/driven parts at the moment. We have the ratio from the rear end I got from the Toro Workman which was designed to go about 20 with the gas engine (higher rpm’s) so there will be changes. I can’t reuse the current driven pully anyhow since the previous owner or the boneyard damaged it. However, I don’t need to reach race speeds as the campground speed limits are low.

Ordered heavy duty springs and shackles for the rear because this engine adds just over 200lbs to the cart. New frame is fit up and will be tig welded sometime this coming week. I’ve picked out a lift kit for the front but will have to wait a week or two to order as it’s not cheap. Looking at a Jakes adjustable 6-10 inch long travel lift kit. I like to be able to adjust based on the outcome of the engine mount/platform fabrication. Also can go as large as 25” tires with this kit. Since we’ve set things up to stretch the frame 40” looking for more stability. Will have that with a wider rear and front stance with bigger tires, which will also help the speed
Jackman is offline   Reply With Quote