View Single Post
Old 07-29-2022, 09:07 AM   #14
hardhouseinc
Getting Wild

Default Re: Star EV carts are trash made with cheap metal. AVOID

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
Oh man... do you have a problem, call China! I've had a Tomberlin project cart some years ago, and i remember many things you discribe. The Tomberlin was in really good shape, i only had to get it running. That carts were a Chinese / US joint venture. Pedal assembly from Ezgo, but they've used a different sensor. Speed pak from Hongkong. Same with the solenoid. Fortunately i've found out, a speed sensor from a CC DS fits the ADC motor. Saved a lot of $$. The whole electric was a pain, rear lights with 3 functions but, all in one wire. Finally i got it running and official street legal ( registered as LSV in Europe / US ). If somebody ask me, i'd recommend... run away
yup the wiring is all weird connectors i cant find. the guy who tried to fix it up tore out some lights and lost the pigtails. guy was an idiot and painted over rust. Pedal group is a total disaster. If I could find one for parts locally I might try to fab up a club car pedal assembly and see if it would line up and work there if I bold it in. swap the cheaper better throttle sensor and honestly the whole pedal thing is better.

I can say IVE LEARNED ALOT from all of this. Yah these sketchy companies just avoid. If its not club car or 100% made in America avoid. I thought this was a US company but appears they build something with their own plugs then sell them in the US?

Once you figure out its a chop job and can buy cheaper parts for an identical CCar motor its not as bad. Its just you are stuck with a **** pedal assembly and stupid throttle sensor and a rust to the ground frame.

Axle seems decent. Motor is easy to refurbish. Pedal assembly nightmare.
Throttle sensor OMFG a $400 part that is $30 for a club car.

Ill have fun learning how bad this is, get it all wired and solid and just sell it. I can build all the metal components myself so far.
hardhouseinc is offline   Reply With Quote