View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 10:34 AM   #3
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Anyone know the correct direction for the speed magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dece1416 View Post
Hey guys,
Just installed my magnet yesterday. Got 3 mph more on a slight downhill and 1 mph on a very slight uphill. Not too pleased with these results. I installed the magnet both directions. Couldn't find any info anywhere including from where I bought on which direction it goes on.

You guys know the correct direction? Does the plastic side face the motor or does it face the sensor (toward the wheel)? Looks like I got the little bit of results with the magnet facing outward toward the sensor and wheel. Seems like a waste of money. I may return it and put the 45 bucks toward the dealer fee and get the # 4 speed.

I was only getting 13mph before the magnet. So i'm probably dialed in at a # 2 speed. All the write ups about this magnet is the machines are jumping at least 3 or 4 mph. I only got about 1 mph maybe 2. The battery was at full charge during my testing with and without the magnet in.
Honestly, I would just go with the speed code 4. In my opinion, a bone stock cart with code 4 performs great. It is plenty fast and has pretty good hill pulling power.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote