View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 03:50 PM   #2
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Before I tell you how, we must get a few things straight; 1. You are a higher risk when traveling fast, 2) You are at a higher risk of damaging engine and other components of your drivetrain.

First, put the cart up as high as you can on jack stands so you will have more working room. Jack STANDS, not a jack!!!!

On the drivers side of the cart, you'll see a bronze-ish rod linking the accelerator to the throttle control in the engine compartment. There are latches on each end that must be pushed towards the middle of the rod for it to be removed. After you have it removed, lengthen it out as far as it will go without being wobbly. To do so, you must loosen each nut, turn the latches counterclockwise, and re-tighten the nuts. Be sure to get the latches in the same position when you tighten them so they line back up with the linkage correctly.

Now,look at the nut on the end of the gas pedal tension spring, loose it until there is about 1 thread visible of the shaft is left.

Reinstall control rod, and push accelerator until the cart starts (in maintenance mode) and keep adjusting the black foot until the TOP of the pedal moves about an inch before it starts.

This will get a stock cart on stock tires about another 3-4 mph. This is the easiest way to get some more speed. If you are feeling industrious, you can get another rod exactly like that only about 1/2 inch longer and keep adjusting in the same manner above until you get the speed you want. You won't be going 55 or anything, but you'll be able to move a bit better than you could before.

In most cases this works, but there are some freak cases where it does nothing. I'll take a look at my 91 and see if I can come up with something.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote