View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #3
OgreTX
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Outer Rear Axle Bearing Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by abieex View Post
OPINION: If you have an axle with spot welds, spacers, welded bearings or anything like that it did not come from the factory that way. OPINION: All G1 axles are alike from the factory. If you look at the pictures you see 2 axles as they came from the factory, one with a new bearing! OPINION: There is no difference of any kind between driver and passenger side. Can you imagine a factory forman in Japan telling someone "If it doesn't fit just tac a little steel on there and move it along". Holy Sushi Tojo, his whole family would have had to flee the island!!!!!!
Ok, so where was that opinion in early March when I was dealing with my conundrum? Just kiddin '

But that is exacty why I posted up my unusal findings ... to see if anyone had any ideas on whether I had better be careful of any "jerry rigged" mechanicals on my cart. I figured there were folks with a lot more experience with G1s than I had ... like maybe 99% of BGW members.

Anyway, I agree with your rationale, and I think mine was done by a PO or a shop ... hmmm, Abie did you ever work in a shop where you could have ... oh, never mind.

Ogre
OgreTX is offline   Reply With Quote