View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 10:05 AM   #2
shortspark
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Is lithium from the factory ready for prime time?

I have a new Onward Lithium and there are a couple big problems. First and foremost is the hesitation upon acceleration. This did not happen at first but I have noticed it the last couple of months. You put your foot down hard and it takes off but then looses power and goes down to almost nothing. Then it will zoom off again and down again. I sent it back to the dealer who could not duplicate this however, yesterday in fact I saw him on the course and he said if I still had the problem he knew what was wrong. I did not ask but told him to come out Monday and bring it back to the shop. I am sure it is an on board computer fix and he probably got wind of it from CC who (I assume) has had many complaints about this. Basically, it is similar to turbo lag in a car.

The second major issue is the ride quality. It sucks. Every little bounce is noticed and amplified. The dealer told me to drop my tire pressure to 18lbs but even that did not make it much more comfortable. I have a two seat model which means it is just standard and two seaters are not lifted, at least not by the factory.

The charge is nothing to brag about either. You barely get two rounds in. A round of golf from my home and back is seven miles, give or take. It does not take as long to charge the battery as traditional batteries but if you are like me and plug it in over night that is not a problem.

The technology is great and the performance is (or at least was at first) very good. If they can fix that herky jerky problem I can live with the harsher ride. And I love not having to worry about watering the batteries. Bottom line is I should have waited a year or two before buying the Onward Lithium.
shortspark is offline   Reply With Quote