View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 10:01 AM   #1
Mike D
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Air box/governer questions

Thanks for reading my questions. I have recently acquired a 92 G9 cart, and am trying to understand a few things about it. I have a decent background in gasoline engines ranging from model boats to cars, and alot of stuff in between. Unfortunately, there are some things about this cart that are new to me. First of all, the air box and filter combination. I don't really know why the complete sealing of the unit is so important to the perfromance of the cart. At this time, my airbox is missing a hook for the rubber latches, so I assume that it is not sealing correctly. With a new prefilter and air filter, there is a noticeable loss of power through the RPM range, and loss of top end. Without a lot of adjustment to the carb, when the airbox is connected, it will barely run. My next qustion is the governor. I have lossened the 10mm nut on the governor, and today I read on a post to tighten the nut for increased RPM's. I have also seen talk of tie-wrapping the cables, rerouting the throttle cable from the governer straight to the carb, and a power spring kit. Can anyone tell me what the best option is? I'm not sure if I want to keep the governor or not, just looking for some things to try. Last, I need to check the rear end lube on the cart. Can anybody help me out on how to do this?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote