View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 11:16 AM   #14
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ez-Go 2five power upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickensmd View Post
JGraham, are you getting your controller upgraded as well? Would love to hear feedback from someone with a stock RXV.

Bob, meant to add; mine has already been to the local dealership and had the freedom unlock performed. Will that matter?
Bob did mine with original Curtis 235A controller (in pic) back in Nov of 2018. He did it in person which I recommend if possible. This is not just about top speed. He can tailor accel, speed, regen to your liking. The cart "drive-ability" is much improved.
So, this is a 32mph cart now on the level and I've seen 36mph+ on a slight decline. Acceleration is good right up to 32 and repeatable even after significant battery use. Cart is the same after 18 miles on the charge as it is right off the charger. (haven't tested at more than 1. Cart is as stable at that speed as it is at 15mph. Alignment is important. Still climbs hills as before the controller tune. No issues with malfunctions including parking brake. Range is the same as before the tune if you drive it the same way. If you spend a lot of time in the high 20s - 30s range will be reduced for sure. Current batteries (6x8v T-875s) are 4 years old and still supporting the carts performance as when new and after the tune.
If you can arrange for Bob to do this in person you get to meet him. Makes for a fun and interesting day
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0631.jpg (612.6 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote