View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
strafaze
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Need suspension advice for G2

I need some shocks for the rear of my G2. I like the idea of the air-shocks. The cart is lifted approx. 6", but not correctly at all (bought it this way). They turned the rear end into a rigid. It is lifted by some square steel stock placed where the shocks would normally mount up. One question, do you get the rebound needed from the air-shock set up (Monroe MA803), without having springs. I am pretty mechanically inclined (work on atv's, cars, dirt bikes......), but this is my first cart. It is an '89 yamaha g2. I got pretty much everything else working on it. I am familliar with a coilover setup, i just want to make sure the air shocks would take the place of a coilover. I thought you would use those along with an application that had some sort of spring or leaf. I put a new clutch on it (previous one was trashed), power spring, ramp shoes, filters, brakes, heavy duty belt, gas pedal run directly to carb, etc... Now it is time to tackle the botched lift that was done on the cart. I am wondering if one of the previous owners took the back shocks and moved them into the front? Major camber issue on the front (looking at the front of the cart it's \ /). It currently has 22x11x8 tires on it. I am open to any advice and suggestions.
Sorry for the long post. I have been on this site almost every day since I bought the cart. I must say, you guys know your stuff and have some pretty cool looking rides. I figured I would throw up a post to get some feed back.
Thanks in advance...
strafaze is offline   Reply With Quote