View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 03:22 PM   #19
billyGA709
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2019 Onward Kohler Issues

I purchased a new Onward a few months ago and am having the same issue.
Dealer was unable to duplicate the problem. Called Club Car Friday and was told they have a new SB on it related to the O2 sensor. Hopefully it's a newer SB than what I'm seeing here and actually solves the problem. My cart might run perfectly for a week or two and then will start acting up. I can come to a complete stop, allowing the engine to shut down for a few seconds, then when I press the pedal it will run perfectly for 30 seconds then start sputtering again. The following day it will run fine and might not act up for another week or two. Can someone describe the O2 sensor so that I can try disconnecting it if necessary?
Quote:
Originally Posted by grawyl View Post
just an FYI. There is a TSB for this issue. My cart had the same issue and the dealer replaced the 02 sensor and reprogrammed the computer. I am not sure this completely resolved the issue because it still happens from time to time. I believe its a result of poor quality gas and the issue only shows up after the cart has sat for about 1-2 hours and the motor is still warm/hot. The cart will drive as normal until it worms up to full operating temperature and as soon as the computer switches from an open loop program to the closed loop program it will start sputtering.

The reprogramming of the computer has made our cart run a bit richer on gas and we have noticed we burn through more gas than before the reprogramming (we live on an island and the cart is our primary mode of transportation).

When this issue show up, I have been able to resolve it by turning the ignition off for a few min to allow the computer to reset. You'll know when that happens because the yellow check engine light will illuminate for a few seconds when the ignition is turned back on. If it doesn't illuminate, you need to wait longer before turning the ignition back on.

If resetting the computer doesn't solve the issue, disconnect the 02 sensor at the connector. This will force the computer to run in the open loop program mode and the yellow check engine light will come on but the cart will drive normally. Once you park the cart for the night or at least 8 hours to cool off, reconnect the 02 sensor and it should work as is supposed too.

Hope this helps.
billyGA709 is offline   Reply With Quote