View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 01:43 PM   #1
gandl2123@gmail.com
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 MPT 1200 (MCI?) No Spark, tried everything...

Hello and thanks in advance. Trying to get an ole cart going for my father in law who is disabled and needs it for running back and forth to neighbors and friends. You know, to enjoy life.

Got this 2006 MPT 1200 for $1000 dollars and it is in great shape with recently rebuilt engine that was running one day, parked. Then would not move the next day.

It has NO SPARK. We have ran down all of the lines, all of the grounds and checked everything...there are 3 coils and multiple parts have been tossed at it. The voltage regulator, coil, pulsar coil, pick up coil by regulator have all been swapped out for ones we think/thought are good. We still can get no spark. Push the gas, she turns over like she should but no spark what so every.

I have a new pulser coil and electrical coil on order but not sure that is theproblem. The fan is connected to the flywheel as we test things...there is the ?reluctor" ring thingy that goes around as we crank and the pulsor gap seems to be normal...just no spark at all.

I would appreciate any help that you could toss my way so that we can get this cart up and going again. Tks

Frustrated in Augusta, GA (where it was built) and son is a mechanic there and we have done everything that we can think of. So, feather in your cap if you can knock this out of the park. Tks

Greg
gandl2123@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote