View Single Post
Old 08-17-2022, 05:58 PM   #1
Old MXer
Not Yet Wild

Default Demonstrated Lightning

98 TXT 36V G3698 1101275
This began as an intermittent won't go problem leaving the boss & dog stranded in miscellaneous locations. By the time (sometimes before) I got to the site the problem had resolved itself & the cart would run fine for a few days.

It wouldn't fail for me so I decided to check the solenoid since I had a good spare. It was clicking but I thought there might be a problem on the hi amp side. I disconnected the battery plus cable & removed the controller cover. Then I put the plus cable back on so I could activate the solenoid. Since the problem was intermittent I decided to do a resistance check on the hi amp contacts. That's when I got a wrench between the lower nut on the solenoid battery plus stud & a crimp end of the ring connector on the negative side of the primary coil. That little black wire that is controller pin #2. A sustained lighting & smoke show for a few seconds. A senior moment forgetting that stud was hot.

A new solenoid & a reed switch got everything (as for as I can tell at this point) working up to the point of connecting pack cables to the solenoid.
This is probably pointless but is there any way to check out the controller without risk to what's working now?
Old MXer is offline   Reply With Quote