View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 11:38 PM   #3
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Just purchased an EZ-GO Xi 875

I don't think you can swap 6 volt batteries out with 12v and that's it. I think you have to do more than that.. hope you didn't burn anything up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ-GOGO-EZ View Post
UPDATE: K, heres whats up i changed out all the 6 volt batts. and put in known good twelve deep cycle batts, and i got the wheels to turn , BUT..... very very slow and the brushes in teh motor were arcing/started to smoke and the wires had gotten warm. as all this was happening the solenoid started to get warm as well as start smoking. im a little concerned now. most all the connections/studs tend to have rust as well as the rest of the cart. im curious if i need a new solenoid or motor or speed controller, (im hating the thought of that) the speed controller is a curtis model 1205-112..... 24-35 volt........ 400 amp and the solenoid i cant really read its a paper label but trying to make it out i believe its a white-rodgers/? type 580-117111 coil... 36 volt... says " assembled in mexico"... the motor is a electric vehicle power systems inc. unit AU2500 fleet speed 36volt two part numbers 74124604 and a95-4006 class H serial no. 1735.. any and all comments/help would be appreciated
csason is offline   Reply With Quote