View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 08:39 AM   #26
ncfenceguy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 295 robin pulsar coil question

Nothing new to report, just a update. I ran a hot wire to the coil directly from the battery to the coil + (which was unmarked on both new coils, thanks Trig123), a ground to the coil mounting bolt just to remove any variables. I got no spark. I can touch a ground to the coil - and get a spark. Switched the new ignitor with another new ignitor, same result. Switched the new pulsar with another new pulsar coil, (gapped at .26) same result. With the current set up I thought I would see a flashing ground with a test light on the ignitor, white, ground wire while disconnected. Nope... All of the connections have been replaced and the wires bypassed or double checked for continuity. The ignitor ground is wired directly to the battery negative. The coil is not receiving a ground signal from either of the ignitors or the ignitor isn't receiving a signal from the pulsar coil. Which still reads .1 volt AC, but they ohm correctly according to trig123's previous post. Anything changes, I'll let you know.
ncfenceguy is offline   Reply With Quote