View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 09:53 AM   #1
dtkana
Gone Wild
Club Car

Unhappy Club Car IQ, Blowing Speed Sensor?

I have a 2004 Club Car IQ. Everything has been replaced except MCOR but, I did check the bushing for wear. Batteries, Cables, Controller, OBC are all new. I added a rebuilt High Speed Motor from a shop in Florida because my cart was slow, around 8 MPH. It changed nothing. The motor guy gave me a new speed sensor to try, changed nothing. I took it to the local Club Car dealer to have them check it out. It was set at speed setting 1 but just as the motor guy stated, it changed nothing to go to speed setting 3 as "his motors are not effected by the speed setting". I still don't understand how that works?

The dealer stated they kept getting a "speed sensor fault on the diagnostic hand held" They tried one of their new motors and same thing happened. After this they determined it has to be a controller problem, charged me for a speed sensor they blew while testing it and sent me on my way because I told them my controller was under warranty. They determined my controller is blowing the speed sensor. They stated once I get my controller replacement I will also need another speed sensor because mine is blown as well if in fact the controller is blowing them as they state. They never tried a different controller they just assumed it was the problem by process of elimination. The cart still works but only goes about 8 MPH.

The motor is supposed to work with the stock controller which is what I am using. No large tires or any aftermarket parts other than the motor.

Any Ideas?
dtkana is offline   Reply With Quote