View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 03:13 PM   #9
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

Unhappy Re: '93 G9 Gas - barely runs after after electrical issue

Ok, finally got back and had a chance to fool with the cart again. (by the way, I guess I did a good job on the greens mower, the grounds keeper was happy and the golfers were happy too. Not bad for a guy that had never really touched a reel mower before to have to setup a 6 foot multiple head reel and have it work right) But, back to the Yamaha cart...
Ok, followed to diagnostic in the Yamaha shop manual, checked the resistance on the coil, wires and the pickup, all in speck. checked the resistance between the motor and the ground on the batt., no problem. Checked the rest of the connections I could easily see, all look fine. Checked the compression, looks fine. changed the plug. Cleaned the carb., looked good to begin with. made sure no water in fuel. Still no better. swaped out coil & igniter from another good cart. even though it was within speck on resistance, still no better. Had to leave at that point. Next time I visit, I may swap the pickup with one from a running cart even though it's resistance was within speck. But, that is a bit more monkeying around then I like for just a shot in the dark. Any other thoughts on this mystery? It is beginning to annoy me...
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote