View Single Post
Old 08-29-2022, 10:03 AM   #12
Dallas@Eco Battery
Getting Wild

Default Re: Eco Battery Issue

Hey guys, I just wanted to give some info regarding these questions.

First, the battery power button should remain on while charging. Think of it as a disconnect. If it can't drive with the button off, it also doesn't like to charge with the button off. If you turn your button on while charging, it won't sit and cycle while plugged in.

Our normal suggestion is to leave your power button turned on and just plugged in to the charger for up to 10 days . If you're going to store it for longer than that, we suggest charging it fully, unplugging the charger and turning the battery power button off.

Again, there is nothing wrong with turning the battery off whenever you want but it is unnecessary to be turning it off every time you stop during the day. Just make sure that it is on while on the charger. Most people find it easiest to leave it on and plugged into the charger under normal use.

As far as the gauges go, we are working on getting the app finalized and tested so we can release it. It's a project for sure. It has taken time to get updates done and verified as well as get the app done and tested.

If you need immediate assistance, many of our dealers have a programmer and can manually flash your battery.

Also, we have many people are asking if any current batteries being sold will already have the update done. In short, only our very first batch of Gen 2 batteries needs the update for the gauge. We caught the issue quickly and all subsequent batteries were programmed accordingly. At this point, it is a very small percentage of our Gen 2 batteries that have the gauge issue.

I hope this helps. I am happy to answer any questions you guys may have.
Dallas@Eco Battery is offline   Reply With Quote