View Single Post
Old 09-19-2022, 03:44 PM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: New to Lithium, 72 or 105 ish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post

I am still waiting to read a thread about two Allied 30Ah's or the Eco Battery 72Ah not being enough capacity to do what someone needed to do.

:

I added a 3rd for 90aH, mostly because of weather.

With warm weather, the 60aH allieds were fine for my warm weather use. Although 90aH is noticeably better.
When it gets below 50 degrees they were not as happy but still fine. Partially due to colder temperature and partially because of the extra wind drag created by my enclosure.
When it was 30 degrees they were even more unhappy
Add snow and donuts and sustained higher amperage pulls (which we frequently enjoy) and they would occasionally get downright angry. So I added a 3rd to help distribute the load over the 3 batteries instead of just the two.

I’ll also add that’s with a completely stock drive system. Upgrade to higher amperage controller, motor, bigger tires, etc. you will have different results. You can program the bigger controller to limit current draw and extend range (like Tom does).

I have noticed at cruising speed @25mph the admiral pulls about 10 amps more than my stock motor did. And heavy acceleration I never saw my stock motor go above about 150ish amps and the admiral is in the mid/high 160’s. Still stock controller.

Overall having had the 60aH and 90aH, I am much happier with the 3rd battery. I should have bought 3 to begin with.
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote