View Single Post
Old 10-29-2022, 07:48 AM   #25
Rockten
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Profiling Lester Summit II charger for LiFePO4 battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
The green light is just a power indication.

The charger won’t shut off automatically but once the charger transitions from CC mode to CV mode, the current will taper off to zero over a couple of hours or so. In theory it should be disconnected once the current gets to 1/10th of the CC value, 3.3A in your case, but leaving it connected will just see it continue to drop to zero very quickly after the 1/10 C point. My SOC meter shows me charge current and when I see it’s dropped to a low value I turn it off. Leaving it charging over night and turning it off the next morning will be fine.

The CV value must be adjusted prior to use. There should be two trimmers to the right of the terminal screws, one labeled CC and the other CV. With no battery connected, turn the unit on and adjust the CV trimmer to whatever maximum charge voltage you like. I would recommend 56.8v (3.55v/cell) for your LiFePO4 battery. Adjusting up is ok but when adjusting down go slow as the voltage will lag behind as there are capacitors that will discharge their voltage slowly.

That’s it. When you charge the battery you can adjust the CC trimmer for a maximum charge current as long as the battery isn’t near fully charged, but adjust the CV first.
Thanks Pat! I indeed see two screws. One at the left is coded "V" and the one at the right is coded "A". I attached the pic of it.

Which one is CV and which one is CC? And which one should I turn right or left to reduce the charge? And do I measure the charge current at the charger and the + and - points?

Let me know

Thanks

Dennis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg charger.jpg (111.3 KB, 0 views)
Rockten is offline   Reply With Quote