View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
SOCKSTER
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default QUESTION ABOUT YAMAHA G22E RUN TIME and cutting off

This is probably a dumb question, but our 2005 Yamaha G22E has cut off on us twice now, and I am wondering if this is normal and a sign to go charge it up. We didn't know what kind of range to expect from it. We bought it from a very reputable dealer. It has a 6" Jakes lift and 22 inch tires, 4 gauge cables, otherwise stock. Each time we ran about 2 hours total, stopping and starting, uo and down a number of hills on dirt roads, maybe 10 miles total, with the lights on, and when stopped the battery meter was in the lower half of green zone near red, and would dip into red only on hills. Then it just stopped on the hill. The first time it did it unfortunately it was on a steep hill in the dark and my son accidentally ran over the puppy with it, which sucked. Each time I switched the "run tow" switch from run to tow and back to run, then the cart would run again. The controller is not hot at all, so it does not seem like thermal shutdown. It never does it on a full charge. It has new February 2009 batteries (stamped on the negative terminals), 48 volt. I want to know if this is ok or should I take it back to the dealer for a fix

Thanks in advance! We love our cart!!
SOCKSTER is offline   Reply With Quote