View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 04:08 AM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Lifted G2 hard to keep steering straight!

I totally agree with the above statement (and constantly fight that battle on mine). As far as "caster" goes, you can't do a danm thing about that unless you have a "double a-arm" lift kit, and if you dont have that, stop worrying about that right now (because you cant do squat about it). The further we go down the rabbit hole on things we cant adjust, the further we are away from fixing the things we can adjust. These suspensions offer nothing like what can be fixed on a real car, and we have to work with/around that. The G2 front suspension is akin to the rear suspension of an old VW beetle, it doesnt offer things afforded in modern stuff. (except we gotta steer that old "VW" suspension). Unless you go get "double a-arm" front suspension, this is the world we live in.

And those junky "club car style" transverse leaf spring lift kits disgust me with the idea of that trash on a yamaha, I could never do it, I know they cant hold an alignment, and if you hit a obstacle, they're knocked all outta whack.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote