View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 12:24 PM   #1
thecrustychicken@gmail.co
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Unhappy 2013 Badboy Ambush Not Running

Greetings everyone,

First off, glad to find your site! It's great there are so many trying to help each other.

I have a 2013 model Badboy Ambush. (I know, I know) after reading all the problems with them.

I was driving mine for the past few days. I've noticed while driving it, that it would slow down at random times. I could let out on the throttle peddle, press it again and it would seem to speed up again. Well yesterday after going on a ride, In Gas Mode, it just died all of a sudden. I can depress the throttle peddle and the starter/generator turns the engine, but it will not start. Another thing, when I put it in electric mode, and just press on the peddle just a little bit, it will start rolling really slow. If I depress the peddle further to speed up the cart will make a high pitch whine and stop again. Got it home finally on battery power just depressing the peddle every so slightly and going about 1 or 2 mph. LOL Took almost an hour.

So the question is, I think maybe my throttle position sensor might be bad per the slowing down and speeding up symptoms from days past. Going to check all connections for tightness today and see if I can find any problems. I know these buggies have problems with the actuators which I know that my transmission is switching properly.

Does anyone know if there is a physical cable between the pedal and the carb on the motor? If the carb on the gas side is also a "fly by wire" connection then that might explain why the motor wouldn't run because it doesn't know the proper position of the peddle.

I did score a wiring diagram for the electric and gas circuits from Textron this morning, so I'm going to start going through the electrical system and see if I can figure it out.

Any suggestions of what to check would be greatly appreciated!

While my fiance was walking beside the cart as I was going 1 mph back to the house because it wouldn't pull us both up the hill, I was singing the theme song to COPS out loud!!! LOL If I came for you on this thing, you could get away by just walking!!!

Once again,

Thanks for your help!!

Justin McClure
Stephenville, TX
thecrustychicken@gmail.co is offline   Reply With Quote