Old 05-11-2018, 07:35 AM   #9
Bobbybooshay
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: RXV Motor Brake Replacement Proceure

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
I have this from cgtech:

RXV brake replacement

Thanks Pinball, hope the new brake arrives today. These are the directions I'm following:

1) DO NOT over tighten bolts
2) CLEAN MOUNTING SURFACES and motor lug
3) Do not unplug or plug brake connector with key on or in "N" ( Key off while PLUG'n)
4) Brake should be ENERGIZED (cart in tow mode - key to "N" ) while brake bolts tightened.

Put the cart on flat ground, chock wheels (both of these are very important). Tow position, key off, leave batteries hooked up ( you will need power during re-install.) Unplug the brake, remove 3x 10mm bolts on brake. Remove brake. Clean mounting surface on motor. Hang new brake on armature, push cart just slightly to point plug towards top to line up holes. Start all three bolts (just barely). Plug brake in, put cart in neutral (this should unlock the brake, don't let the cart roll away).
Tighten bolts evenly to 10 n-13 INCH POUNDS, if you don't have a inch-torque wrench, tighten the bolts enough to fully compress the lock washers, not much more.. Turn key off, tow/run back to run, turn key on, test drive, celebrate with beer

cgtech

If the holes aren't aligned on the new brake, I have a proceedure for that also. I will post if necessary. I have not actually done this myself but I watched it once on a cart with a back seat. The seat didn't have to be removed in this case.
Can I have that procedure for the bolt holes not aligning?
Bobbybooshay is offline   Reply With Quote