View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 09:37 AM   #6
wa5eml
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2013 Badboy Ambush Not Running

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erle View Post
Give me a way to contact you. I can email you a copy of the service manual. Who knows--since I own one of the lemons myself, I might need your suggestions in the future.

ALSO--is the WA5EMI a Ham Radio Call? I'm a Ham myself.

Erle
Erle,
Wa5EML is a ham call. I am good on QRZ for contact info.
I have a 2014 Bad Boy Ambush iS that the gas side does not crank and or run. The Electric motor will run only in certain circumstances. With the rocker switch on the dash board in electric if the key is turned to either R or F and the controller initializes to that position it will work perfectly in those two positions. If I switch the key from off to N and the controller initializes in that position, moving the key to R or F does nothing - no LED indicator changes, anything. To re initialize the key must be turned off then quickly turned to either the R or F position. If the key is in R and the buggy has initialized in that position it will run in reverse. If the key is moved to any other position there is no LED indicator change. Therefore if the key is moved from the working R position to the F, nothing happens to indicators or cart function.
I am looking for a service manual to track wires and connections between the controller (which was just dealer replaced in April).
How can I get a copy? The dealer has been no help and ignoring any effort to communicate. I know they only sold 4 of these locally. I know one of the others was sold to a high profile business man and he has had problems as well.
wa5eml is offline   Reply With Quote