Thread: G2 Lifan swap
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 08:45 AM   #16
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 Lifan swap

IF you are using a S/G the drive belt length is something you really want to think about. The VC set up makes the front oil fill not serviceable without removing the S/G. In fact VC has you trim down the front dip stick cap. This was not acceptable for me. So first off I went to a Dayco XTX2264 belt which measures 42.83 X 1.27 "s. This puts the engine close enough to the transaxle that the governor arm needs to be removed. Another benefit this wider belt gives you a few more MPH as it rides higher up on the 780 for more overdrive effect. BUT my main reason with the engine as far back in the cart as is practical it allowed me to lay the S/G down toward the front of the cart so the dip stick is easily removed. So that was accomplished with an extended S/G top bracket and a longer S/G belt.I then added a Fumoto drain valve making oil changes a snap. My last BUT not least benefit was adding a magnetic dipstick that I remove each day before the drive and clean off any tiny iron particles the magnet has attracted between runs. On page 14 of my Vc 460 thread you can see how this opens up access to the front of the engine.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote