View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 08:38 PM   #4
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Grounding to frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madoc1 View Post
on an electric, there should be absolutely no grounds to the frame! what cart do you have? we can help you with a schematic of the wiring. you need to post up a pic. you have something seriously wrong. after trying to read your previous post, i think you should slow down and start over. year, model, etc. maybe a pic of the motor set up as it is now.
I know it's confusing, sorry about that! I don't even know what model EZ-GO I have. My camera is screwed up so I can't send you pics! It's an all metal body, 80" wheelbase cart. " Ground " may be an incorrect term. It has a junction where several wires connect to. The negative from the battery pack connects there as well as the controller B-. The negative lead from the original charger plug is connected there also. There are 3 smaller wires( maybe 10ga ) also connected there. This connection point is an insulated block. There is, however 1 lead from this block directly to the frame. It looks to be 10ga also. The cart has aftermarket headlights that ground to the body ( someone just stuck the ground wire of the lamps under the mounting bolts ). I'm realizing now that this is incorrect for a cart to be wired up like a car or truck. The other wires I mentioned do go up front in a harness, so I will try and find them and hook the lights to them. I've wondered why all those negative leads went to an insulated connection point! Thanks so much!!! All these little mysteries are now coming to light! Ok, here's the stumper question, What is the purpose for electrically isolating the body and frame?
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote