View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #9
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 axle swap with G9?

HF is often the cheapest with the coupons, if you want that. HD said lifan on it and about the same price at the time so I bought it. If you want to beef it up the Vegas carts 440 is worth it no doubt, it comes without the fuel tank and other stuff you will not need in a cart though some people do fabricate the stock muffler and such onto them in a cart, depends on what kind of install you plan to do. I've even seen people leave the gas tank on and use it, but most use the cart tank. Vegas has two 440s one is apart and higher compression the other is assembled. Some clones like the HD 409 dollar one have a 18A charge system you want if you don't use the cart generator. Vegas is working on getting them or can now, I'm not sure.

I'd say read over some of the build posts in the clone section here and see what you want to do. Most any of the clones will work ok if you plan to run it stock and not mess with it. Depends on your budget too. If you think you will keep the cart a long time or built the engine up some or take the governor off... then its well worth getting a better one, an extra 50-100 gets you a lot more up front as usual.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote