View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #13
SilverLTD
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2012 EZGo Express S4 accessories; lifts, etc..?

Dr. T,
I ordered the Jakes LT 7140 and had my dealer put it on. It went on just fine. I spoke with Jakes extensively before purchasing; the 7140 was the one! It rides waaaaaaay better in the front! But where your fronts go, your rears will follow...and the back is still stock stiff. We put on the rear blocks that came with the LT kit, but we didnt take any leafs out of the heavy duty leafs that came new on my cart.

SOoooo, Ive been pondering what to do with the rear.
My dealer mentioned to me that on his own personal cart, that he set up for hunting....that he put the Jakes LT on his, and then he removed all but one rear leaf and added coil over type shocks in the rear. He said it rode more cush in the rear...without having to install an entire new rear independent rear suspension to match his front suspension. I may do this same thing. Ive been looking at adjustable rear shocks. Im researching shocks to see if i can find some that i can adjust stiff when i need them, and then adjust them to soft when i need soft. Any thoughts on that?

I had the jakes disc brakes installed also. Jakes said my 10" stock wheels would never work with the disc brakes installed. I was reluctant to believe them. And sure enough...the stock 10"ers work! Just barely 1/2" clearance, but work!

I also purchased the Jakes 2" spacers for the rear tires, now they sit perfectly at the same width as the front tires!

Thanks!
SilverLTD is offline   Reply With Quote