View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 11:29 PM   #18
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Is your 2-stroke BACKFIRING? This could help ...

(never admit You read this here)

*Sometimes* the best adjustment is a pair of needlenose pliers, a good eye, a clear head, some logic, and a "tweak" or two of the arm on the microswitch .... The factory allows basically *zero* adjustment of the switch position, but the good news is that the spring steel arm on the micro is relatively forgiving, even with several attempts at finding the "sweet spot" ... It's like a lot of things with these old Marathons, You spend the $8 PRIOR to trying to make do with what you have, just in case you need to replace it because somehow it ended up unsalvageable - THAT way You're covered however it shakes down.

You can look at these things like Tech School or like University - Either way it's a learning experience. One way will teach You step by step how to figure it all out and by the time You're done, You "Get it" - University will just throw a bunch of new parts in your lap, it'll cost You a bundle but eventually You'll get it done. Either way it's a Job worth being proud of - it all depends on how much You want to get out of it, and what You're willing to devote, "Hands On" time or "Money and Time".

I have a BS degree (go figure) and the step-kid pi**ed me off tonight so that explains the rant - but the analogy stands. If you don't have $8 and a bit of patience, this is the wrong hobby. BUT - on the upside, it's not some whacked-out restoration that's going to set You back thousands, or generally even hundreds (well, maybe) so do yourself a favor, and focus less on attaching every individual part and more on how they "fit in".

There goes my "Sticky", hahahahahahahahaha
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote