View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 05:37 PM   #1
ACHiPo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 2006 DS -- Refurbish/upgrade or Buy New?

Looking for recommendations for fixing up my 2006 Club Car Precedent, or whether I'd be better off going with a new golf cart? We use it mostly for golf, but occasionally to visit neighbors.

It has been very reliable since buying it used in 2013, but it needs some work:

The batteries were replaced in 2013, so they are probably due again soon for $1k to $3k depending on whether I stay with lead acid or go with Li ion batteries. The cart charges and runs fine

We reupholstered the seat and back cushion, but the vinyl used on the sides is cracking so it needs to be redone.

The windshield is scratched/hazy, and I haven't been able to find a replacement--can someone recommend a source?

The only things I really don't like about it are: 1) how slow it is up hill (maybe 2-3 mph). It has always been this way, so I don't think it has anything to do with batteries. 2) I'm not crazy about the dash layout--there is no place for balls, so we end up using the cup holders for balls and the aftermarket tray gets cluttered with things we don't want to get lost in the glove compartments. 3) No USB port (ok so this is a nit as I can always add an aftermarket one in the accessory outlet.

Thanks in advance for recommendations.
ACHiPo is offline   Reply With Quote