View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 07:40 PM   #3
ACHiPo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2006 Precedent--Refurbish/upgrade or Buy New?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakko47 View Post
We need more information. What's your budget? What are the long term goals? What's your mechanical and electrical ability?

The earliest Precedent I worked on was an '07 and it had a whole section in the middle of the dash for golf balls. You don't have this? If not, you can likely swap out a tray that does.

If you want more speed/torque, call Dave @ Revo and let him know what you want and your driving conditions. A motor/controller/both upgrade will fix that problem in a minute.

Depending on how long you plan on having the cart, either simply get another set of quality FLA batteries, or go lithium. The lithium will increase performance, as they're lighter than the FLA.

Adding a 12v accessory bank is easy and inexpensive. Check with Revo for a windshield, make sure you get a thicker one versus the el cheapo thin ones. A new vinyl seat cover set isn't expensive and you can do that yourself. Again, don't go for el cheapo.

IMO, upgrading what you have is a no brainer. You'll end up with a freshened up cart with upgrades for far less money than a new cart. Leaves you with extra money for custom seats (versus just recovered) or a custom body and some nice new wheels.
Budget is up to $10k (for a new Li ion cart). If I upgrade/refurb it would be ~30% of that or $3k - $4k.

I've built a Cobra replica, and have a relatively complete wood and metal shop (8x35 mill, 10" Logan lathe, Graziano 12S metal lathe, etc.) so I have mechanical skills, but not a lot of time or patience especially with electrical stuff.

Thanks for the tip on Revo--will do some checking.

I've contacted the local Club Car and E-Z-Go shops and availability of Li ion carts is slim to none here in Norcal.

Quote:
The earliest Precedent I worked on was an '07 and it had a whole section in the middle of the dash for golf balls. You don't have this? If not, you can likely swap out a tray that does.
The previous owner installed wood grain dash with locking glove boxes, so no there is no storage for golfballs in the center (other than cup holders).
ACHiPo is offline   Reply With Quote