Thread: Stereo Install
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 05:42 AM   #5
Blue Chip
Gone Wild

Default Re: Stereo Install

IF you decided for some reason not to have someone who is experienced in this kind of thing.... here are some of the things that I went through...

A Dremel is your friend. You will use it here ALOT! I mounted the stereo where the ball holder is by taking the Dremel and cutting out the inside of the ball holder. I would have saved myself a bunch of headaches had I left the lower "lip" in - instead of cutting it out. Because of this I eneded up having to bend the retention clips out and drill a small hole through them for a tiny sst screw. The finishing piece covered it so it was okay.

The speakers were a bit easier. I started by removing the top of the cup holder and used the template and Dremel to cut the holes for the 5-1/4" speakers. I also mounted a seperate dedicated power switch in this location for the stereo as well... I don't know why - I saw that the local cart place here does it on all of their installs - so I did too. The speakers fire down from under the cup holder and out of the way. They are also fairly well protected from the elements here. (A professional photog, I am not.)

On a seperate note - I installed a new fuse bus as well for all of the accessories. It's made by Blue Sea Systems. I used them a bunch when I was rigging boats. They are a bit pricey but will worth it in my opinion. It makes for a clean install and easy to add additional accessories. This one is mounted on the driver side wheel well.

Blue Chip is offline   Reply With Quote