View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 07:02 PM   #4
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Kubota D662 install in Yamaha Cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Carley View Post
New here to the forum. I am just starting a project to install a Kubota D662 in a Yamaha gas cart. I have been looking for the best way to mount the clutch to the fly wheel and came across a bearing supported stub shaft made by Hayes for the D662.

If anyone has ever installed one and has any tips on the clutch to use I would appreciate the help. I'm a bit stumped as to how the belt drive will work on an engine that has to be running, unless there is a system that has a higher RMP engagement.

Thanks

Club car used a kubota D722 in a few models of their carts/utility vehicles. They make a flywheel adapter to adapt to the taper shaft on our clutches. I don't have the part number handy right now but I'll post it later. I bought 2 adapters from Tahoedawg here on the forum and I also have A straight shaft flywheel adapter for 1 1/8th inch that I bought from kubota that came out of japan. Both just bolt to the Super mini series flywheel...Z482, D602, D662, etc etc all the way up to D902. You will have to play with weights in the clutch to get it to shift out properly....you may be able to get 4000 rpm out of it if you play with the fueling a bit. That engine will either be rated 3200 rpm or 3600 depending on injection timing....either will do 3600 easily.

The flywheel you need that works with these adapters is the one that comes with the plain Jane no option engine....it will have a steel plate bolted to the back of the engine instead of a bell housing. 5 bolts for the flywheel then 5 threaded holes around the flywheel for the adapter.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote