View Single Post
Old 07-19-2021, 03:42 PM   #9
jhornbr225
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Starting my EZGO Marathon Lithium build.

My parts for my voltage regulator arrived Sunday. I was surprised to see surface mount parts in the bag. I had ordered MJE3055T, which is a TO-220 package transistor. The sticker on the envelope said it was a transistor, but when I searched the actual number on the surface mount device, I found out that it was a MOSFET. That won't work. Amazon has given me a credit for the improper devices, and I don't have to ship them back, but I still need some MJE3055T's. I left some feedback to the seller, but have not heard anything yet.

I put a couple stubs of 1/4-20 threaded rod up through the original framework of the battery tray. This will hold the battery in front of the controller/contactor bracket in place. I also drilled for mounting the bracket.

I drilled holes in the bracket itself to mount the main contactor down low, and the reversing contactor up high. The main contactor is mounted high enough so that if the bottom of the cart hits the ground, on a high center situation, it won't damage the contactor.

Today I managed to order some of the Bluetooth interfaces for my BMS's, from Battery Hookup, as I failed to order them when I placed my original order, and lately they have been out of stock.

Next step is get the throttle pot and switch mounted in the proper position. Also I need to mount the fuse, which is going between the throttle rod and the battery. With the battery in front of the bracket held steady, there is room under it to mount brackets to hold the fuse.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210718_154845126.jpg (101.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20210718_154852385.jpg (122.8 KB, 0 views)
jhornbr225 is offline   Reply With Quote