View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 06:43 AM   #15
AdvancedEVguy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Evolution Programming

I do not have an Evolution, but joined this sub forum to see if I could help out a friend. I do however have the same problem with my Advanced EV cart and nothing in the software has made a difference, and I would bet the same for you. Not sure if the Evolution uses the same type of accelerator, but the Advanced EV uses a hall effect sensor based system with an accelerator switch. The switch simply ensures that if the cart is turned on while the pedal is depressed, it will not move until the pedal is first released and then pressed again. It's a safety feature. The hall effect pedal should send out a signal proportional to how far the pedal is depressed. On my cart it sends out the full 5 volt signal when the pedal is only depressed about half of it's full travel, so it is very difficult to regulate the speed. I compared it to a neighbor's cart with the same settings and his reaches only about 3 volts at half travel and full output at about 90%, so the only thing different is the pedal assembly itself. No amount of changes in the software will fix that.
AdvancedEVguy is offline   Reply With Quote