View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 06:59 PM   #26
grantspec
Getting Wild

Default Re: Grantspec’s Yamaha G9 Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Make sure the clip did not fail and push the spring perch into the trans case. Check the shaft for play/etc. Some of the clutch parts are not the best, are light and not as durable as yami parts. Great project you done good! You could always clear it, though I would spray a little color on and then clear it just to be safe. Its hard to spray wet when you don't have practice.

Yeah and I need to do my seat soon, thanks for the tip!

Thanks, sho! When I installed the new secondary I removed the clip and installed the revised splined spacer. I think I bought this particular clutch kit from Vegas carts. I’m wondering if maybe I didn’t get the spacer on all the way or maybe it’s backwards. I think this weekend I’ll take it apart and inspect.

As for the seat covers... I used marine grade Molly staples and bought a $19 pneumatic stapler from harbor freight. It’s a lot of stapling so I highly recommend the pneumatic if you don’t already have one and he harbor freight unit works great.

I love the cart and can’t wait to get all the kinks worked out. It easily hits 20 mph as it is with the governor bypassed. As soon as I get it back on the road I’m going to order a rear seat kit.

Future plans are to do a lift kit and some wheels and tires. When/if the stock motor gives out I would eventually like to do a big block swap. But for now it actually runs really well for as neglected as it was when I got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grantspec is offline   Reply With Quote