View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #4
Mrrogers24
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Project, I'm addicted :o

indeed, Im not going to modify till I know where Im at with it. The belt is just slightly over 1" and tiny bit frayed on the edges. I know that the clutches operate correctly as i jacked the rear end and checked. but i will take the cover off and clean and very lightly lube it as i have read.

Oh i almost forgot there is a little spring on the shaft that connects to the exhaust port, a little hole in the shaft where the spring goes, where does the other side of the spring go? I cant find anything on the cart that it would connect to or any pics or posts on it.. is it even important? what is its purpose?

Edit: and there are tons of dealers around here, Its like Golf cart heaven here in Peachtree City, Ill look into it. But I have never heard of a cart junk yard, Ill try to see if i can locate one

Edit again...: I know im getting ahead of myself but I swear when Im away from my cart I get a twitch, lol, I love messing with it. Anyways, I want to paint the body black, what kind of paint should I use? Id like to find something cheap but awesome. Someone rivited in diamond plate all around the cart which is going to make that difficult but whatev, I really dont want to drill out all of those rivits..
They also installed a brake light kit which is not hooked up, it has dual filiment bulbs as i see they intended on having brake lights and maybe turn signals, I saw a post about installing a brake switch for that purpose but i cant find it again... I would like to complete that part of thier project.

Last edited by Mrrogers24; 03-08-2012 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: Reason in post
Mrrogers24 is offline   Reply With Quote