Thread: Starter Brushes
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 06:36 PM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Starter Brushes

brushes are very easy to install once you get the starter out.........take the 4 rubber inspection tabs outs and you hasve access to each brush now this is where you need to be careful and take your time................i get my phillips head and break all 4 screws loose holding the brush wire on than with a curved type dentist pick i get under the spring and pull it up and out of the way than take the screw out............pull the brush out put new one in and put spring back on top of brush........than you can line up the wire end and put screw back in............do this 4 times and your done...........worse case is you lose the spring for some reason and it ends up in the starter so than you have to take starter apart get the spring and do it that way.............if you can change them without taking the starter all the way apart you can also do a decent job cleaning the starter...........use a compressor get a blow tool with a semi curved end and blow thur all the brush openings until not much is coming out in the way of black nasty dust..............than a can of brake cleen use the whole can spraying in thereand getting everything you can and than blow it all out again than let it sit a few hours for the brake cleen to dry................put it back togather uour done................the whole job less taking the starter off and drying time is less than an hour and its not a bad job............................................... ............
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote