View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 07:23 PM   #1
bajarebel1
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Finally got my golf cart

well just brought home my new toy it is a 1993 club car, this is my first golf cart and i have a few questions: the cart runs 13 mph on gps and of course i want more speed, i read the sticky on how to speed up your club car but dont understand this part:
"Put 3 on the spring in equally spaced increments. Have a friend hold the gas pedal to the floor in maintenance mode. Tighten each zip tie equally until the engine shuts down. You have two options at this point: either cut the zip ties and put new ones on SLIGHTLY looser, or put a small amount of cable back into the black box."
what is maintenance mode, and how do i get the cart in it? does anyone have any pics of the zip tie configuration in this step they can post?
If i do this and leave the revlimiter in place will i gain anything and will i still hurt the motor? what is the difference in this and what it states later about the governor arm on the transaxle? hope these arent stupid questions just trying to understand before i start modifying
thanks for you help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03129 (Medium).JPG (88.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03131 (Medium).JPG (99.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03132 (Medium).JPG (91.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03133 (Medium).JPG (82.2 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03134 (Medium).JPG (82.6 KB, 20 views)
bajarebel1 is offline   Reply With Quote