View Single Post
Old 11-23-2018, 04:24 AM   #5
BrettAllen
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: The Definitive Club Car DS Rotation Guide:

Thank You... and Happy Holidays! At least now hopefully, once and for all, people'll have a place for the correct info... But I just wish i'd known all this years ago when i bought my 97 and started dumping $$ into the lift and all the extras!! Now I guess I'll start hitting Craigslist for a used 96 Gasser DS -- someone who wants one towed off would probably be a whole lot cheaper than just buying the transaxle outright! I am so tired of that low rev, cold blooded FE290 in upper upstate NY -- altho that low end torque certainly hauled a lot of firewood, not fast, but it never hesitated once it warmed up. I bet i put 1/2 ton of wood on it & behind it several times... even towed a few cars and pulled a few snow machines off the lake! Anyone got any cold weather tips for a stock engine? Still got the limiter, governor, jet & stock pipe. is it worth upgrading... or better to eventually spend $300 for an 18HP clone? And would the torque difference even be noticeable with an 18HP clone? I was thinking a 4 stroke not the V Twin. Just too much money to justify for the amount of use it gets. What is the right cold weather jet? And what about a straight pipe? Would the mini bike clone pipe bolt on? I do like my choke in cold weather tho... Maybe i could find a clone Mikuni with an offset manifold & slide...
BrettAllen is offline   Reply With Quote