View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 06:34 PM   #5
ballencd
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Default Re: Correct Forum for Cushman Turf Truckster

Charley,
Thanks for the info. I went to Car Quest and bought a fuel pump today asking for a 5 psi max and they gave me U2496734, which I put in today. It has not been powered up yet. Tonight I looked up the number on the web and found it is a min 5 psi and max 9 psi. Do you think that will be too much pressure for the carb? Seems like every step I am taking forward on this project I get pushed 2 steps back. : (

I did start cleaning up the gas tank today. It was very hard to get out and I am not sure how it will go back in but I will make it happen. It has a 3/8" hole in the side of it and lots of very fine rust dust in it. I think it will clean up OK and I will use your suggestion on the poured in liner when I am advanced enough to be ready for a gas tank. I am using a peanut butter jar for testing! : )

Once I get the engine running OK I will work on the gas tank, brakes and chassis. There is some serious rust on the two main rails under the engine and on the cross member under the engine. I am not good at it but I have a MIG welder and can weld a bit. Most of the linkages are loose and probably need bushings, adjustment and grease. The brakes and clutch were OK 12 years ago but could use some service I am sure. I put in a light switch that has 3 positions and a horn button included. I have the low beams working but will get some new plugs for the headlights so I can have high beam also and still need to connect the horn. That part should be a piece of cake. I think the rest of the wiring is fixed. All the tires are shot and seat could use a recovering.....then a bed and new battery and I will be set to go. Looking forward to using it.

Thanks again for the info. I am sure I will be back asking more questions.

Later

Charlie
ballencd is offline   Reply With Quote