View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #5
Town777
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZ GO Electric Cart Clicks but NO movement Forward or Reverse!!

Johnnie,
thanks for all of the help. I actually got it to move, but it seems to be intermittent. Not sure about some of the connections. Anyway, it looks like the switch I was talking about is indeed a theft device. When it is in the OFF position, the solenoid will NOT click. When it is in the ON position the solenoid clicks. It looks like somebody has cut into the control power to the solenoid. Kind of crafty, but I do not think that is the problem.

I cleaned all battery posts and connections. I load tested batteries individually after they were disconnected from series in cart. I read mostly a bit above 6VDC and when I put 100 A load for about fifteen seconds, pretty much all dropped to about 5 VDC and stayed there. I do not think that is the problem either. Although, they are getting old and should be looked at in the near future.

After a full charge, and checking the wiring under both covers, I attempted the movement again and yes it did move. So, it seems like there is a bad connection or something that is not right under those covers. All look clean and free of corrosion. The wiring that go to the control box look like brand new. It must be what delivers the power in stages to the motor, because the solenoid clicks EVERYTIME. Maybe the speed control is going? I will do what you say in the previous reply from you. But, if you can think of anything else from what I am sending you now, please let me know. Thanks and have a wonderful weekend and holiday!

Respectfully,
Town
Town777 is offline   Reply With Quote