View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 12:54 AM   #5
7CLUB
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: How do I program my new Alltrax?

Thanks for the info on the cable!

I bought a DCX 500amp Alltrax programmable controller. So that's going to allow me to change those torque/speed settings I think. Is it one or the other? I mean, I give up torque off the line for a bit more speed? Or is it just a matter of altering how much torque is available but the speed is what it is? In other words, is it a trade off?

Obviously, I've got a lot more to learn...

I think installing a new MCOR will help some with the lurching and throttle response. I don't expect a miracle there. But combined with adjusting the settings, I think I can help it some. Am I thinking okay here?

Finally, that hurt when you said I would have been better off buying a motor. Ouch! But then, I want to do that anyway. I just was under the impression that the best route was swap my 250amp controller for the 500amp AND a new motor.
Running the 23's with the kids in mind, what motor would be best suited for hoping for maybe 25mph on flat roads and holding as much of my speed as I can on neighborhood rolling hills? Would the PQ Bandit be more than adequate? Or should I be thinking of spending much more for the next step up? I think it's the Executioner or something like that? Is that the missing piece here? The motor? I'd love to reach a steady 25mph and have enough torque to hold 20 on the hills. I don't have any real desire for any speeds above that. I just want to be able to hold my speed. 12mph on the hills is a little too much loss for me.

Ultimately, If I add a new PQ Bandit will I end up adjusting those settings again on the controller? OR once I get that set, adding a new motor won't require readjusting?

Thanks again guys. You're advice and insight is priceless!
7CLUB is offline   Reply With Quote